- True Diversification. With the Ultimate Self-directed IRA retirement funds can be invested directly into real estate, tax liens, small businesses, personal loans, foreclosures, gold, and all other alternative (i.e. non-Wall Street) investments. The typical IRA does not give you this flexibility and will usualy keep your funds chained to the market. However, if a specific market investment makes sense, your funds are always available in your designated checking account.
- Checkbook Control. The Ultimate IRA comes with a checking account, which we will assist you in setting-up at your bank so your retirement funds will always be under your control. Once the account is set-up, it’s easy to begin placing investments, all you have to do is simply write a check. This enables you to move quickly when time-sensitive opportunities and other on-the-spot investments present themselves.
- Investment Control. The Ultimate IRA is the ultimate self-directed IRA, giving you complete control over your retirement account, enabling you to make all investment decisions alone, or with the help of a financial professional.
- Tax-Deferred Investing. The Ultimate IRA enables you to take control of your retirement funds without incurring any early distribution penalties or taxes. Furthermore, the profits generated from your investments flow back into your account and continue to grow tax-deferred, or tax-free in the case of a Roth, helping you build the retirement you want.
- Rollover Options. Your Ultimate IRA can be funded by transferring or rolling-over funds from any of your existing retirement accounts or plans IRA, 401K, Roth IRA, SEP IRA, Keogh, 403b, etc., or by making an initial contribution.
- Limited Fees. Once your Ultimate IRA is set-up, there are no asset-based-holding fees or transaction fees, rather there is a low fixed annual fee regardless of how large your account is or how many transactions you place during the year.
How does the Ultimate Self-Directed IRA work?
- Broad starts the process by facilitating a new self-directed IRA at a registered self-directed IRA custodian.
- With the new self-directed IRA in place, funds from previous retirement accounts (IRA, 401K, etc.) can now be rolled over. Or the account can be started with an initial contribution.
- Broad then sets up a Limited Liability Company (LLC) for the self-directed IRA. This is an important step as the LLC will serve as the investing platform for the plan. Each LLC is customized to adhere to the laws and regulations which govern self-directed IRA investment platforms.
- Capitalization now occurs by instructing the self-directed custodian to invest the self-directed IRA in the newly formed LLC. This is a process that is similar to buying stock, i.e. the self-directed IRA buys all the “shares” of the LLC. The self-directed IRA now owns the LLC.
- The custodian sends a capitalization check to the account holder. The account holder can now open a checking account at the bank of their choosing in the name of their LLC.
- And now… start investing!
How easy is it to set up the Ultimate Self-Directed IRA?
The Broad process for establishing a self-directed IRA has been crafted with only one consideration: you. As a company whose defining hallmark is industry leading customer service, we’ve worked hard to make sure that your experience is smooth and hassle-free. Our team of accountants, self-directed specialists, and attorneys is dedicated to giving you a complete package. We’ll hold your hand the entire way, and we’re always available for any questions you may have.