By Alex Mednick
Presenting your weekly round-up of real estate investing news and content for your benefit and/or enjoyment:
- Cold storage warehouses and distribution centers are suddenly in high demand, thanks to new food delivery services such as Peapod by Giant, Amazon Fresh and Blue Apron.
- “It is very niche. About 2% or 3% of all goods on groceries are bought online, and we expect the space could explode to 13% over the next five years because of the penetration of the internet,” said Spencer Levy, senior economic advisor for CBRE research.
- Much of the cold-storage sector’s growth is likely to occur in gateway markets such as Los Angeles and the New York City metropolitan area, as well as leading food-production states, such as California, Washington, Florida, Texas and Wisconsin.
- 6 veteran real estate agents detail 6 mistakes an investor can make that can set them up for potential failure. Knowing what not to do can always help to figure out what the correct course of action should be.
- Baseball legend Alex Rodriguez and real estate titan/Shark Tank shark Barbara Corcoran partnered for their first investment with the purchase of a 21-unit East Village rental property.
- An interesting look at how Apple’s new iOS 13 could impact the way real estate agents and clients interact and conduct business.