A self-employed 401(k) is an investment option that helps the self-employed individual save for retirement. This type of plan may also be called an individual 401(k), solo 401(k), solo k, or uni-k. Self-employed 401(k) plans are available as both Traditional and Roth IRAs.
Is a Self-Employed 401(k) Right for Me?
A self-employed 401(k) is a specialized retirement account designed to benefit a specific niche of professionals. You are eligible, and may be a good fit, if:
- You are self-employed and don’t have any full-time employees—other than partners and spouses.
- Your spouse is self-employed, and the business doesn’t have any full-time employees.
- You want to maintain a greater level of control over your retirement account than traditional investments usually offer.
Benefits of a Self-Employed 401(k)
There are a variety of platforms available for any self-employed 401(k), and each offers different benefits. Broad Financial’s Ultimate Solo 401(k) offers the best of the best:
- Confidence in your account. Go beyond Wall Street and invest in a wide variety of assets. When your retirement account is invested in opportunities you understand—like real estate or small business—you can be confident of its success.
- Security in your retirement wealth. Maximize your tax-deductible contributions and use Checkbook Control to invest without unnecessary fees. With no custodian required, you save even more money by avoiding transaction fees.
- Peace of mind in your financial freedom. Borrow up to $50,000 from your Ultimate Solo 401(k) for business or personal use.
Unlike other 401(k) options for the self-employed, Broad Financial’s Ultimate 401(k) offers you greater freedom to invest where you choose. You can maximize your tax-deductible contributions of up to $59,000 per year, and diversify them in a wide range of investment choices.
Broad Financial’s Ultimate 401(k) is for confident entrepreneurs who want to chart their own course to financial freedom and success. With flexible plans and programs, you can find an investment choice that’s right for you.
Call 800-395-5200 for a free phone consultation, or contact Broad Financial online today.
Customers Rave About the Ultimate Solo 401(k)
“The process of setting up my Solo 401(k) with Broad Financial was simple and efficient. I feel confident that going with Broad Financial was the right decision. I look forward to using Broad Financial again. Thanks.”
– Nick Palmer, Bozeman, Montana
“Broad Financial made setting up my Solo 401k so easy. They handled all the details. I had a ton of questions and they were very quick to respond with answers. They even talked to my bank when setting up my checkbook account. I would recommend them to anyone interested of taking control of their retirement account.” – Rob Sturm, Johns Island, SC
Read more testimonials from Broad Financial clients.