A Solo 401(k)—also known as a self-directed 401(k), a self-employed 401(k), or an individual 401(k)—is an individual retirement account that allows the self-employed investor to enjoy the financial benefits of a 401(k), and to use his or her expertise to secure and grow a retirement account.
Self-directed 401(k)s give self-employed individuals access to assets not typically available in traditional IRAs, including real estate, promissory notes, limited partnerships, precious metals, and other alternative investments. High contribution limits and the ability to borrow from the plan are one of many features that make the Solo 401(k) so appealing.
The Ultimate Solo 401(k)
Broad Financial’s Ultimate Solo 401(k) is a powerful retirement tool for self-employed individuals. Invest in a wide variety of alternative assets, manage your own account with Checkbook Control, take loans from your account, and more. Discover all the benefits, restrictions, and possibilities of the Solo 401(k) on our Ultimate Solo 401(k) page.
Below are two additional, specific types of Solo 401(k) plans that specialize in real estate and precious metals investments.
The Ultimate Real Estate 401(k)
If you’ve built your savings in real estate, you should be able to continue building wealth for retirement in a market you understand. Maybe you’ve never worked in real estate, but you know a good investment when you see one. The Ultimate Real Estate 401(k) lets you build on your experience and expertise to diversify your retirement portfolio and maximize your savings.
The Ultimate Gold 401(k)
Gold is a valuable investment asset, and now you can make it part of your 401(k). The Ultimate Gold 401(k) was designed to give you more options for your retirement portfolio. When you invest in acceptable, government-manufactured gold coins, you can even take personal possession of the gold in your account. Talk about security!
Is a Self-Directed 401(k) Right For Me?
A self-directed 401(k) is designed for the self-employed business owner who wants to maintain complete control over directing retirement account savings. A self-directed 401(k) may be right for you if:
- You are looking for the largest potential contribution for a business without full-time employees.
- You want the flexibility to invest in assets other than stocks and mutual funds.
- You want the freedom to borrow from your plan.
- You want to purchase leveraged real estate in your plan, and avoid unrelated business income tax (UBIT).
Benefits of a Self-Directed 401(k)
The self-directed 401(k) is the premium platform for efficiently turbocharging your retirement funds. With Broad Financial’s Ultimate Self-Directed 401(k), you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Invest in your own strengths. With self-direction, you have the power to invest in assets not available in traditional retirement plans, such as real estate, promissory notes, limited partnerships, precious metals, and more.
- Make stress-free investments. Purchase assets within your retirement account by simply writing a check—no paperwork or authorization required.
- Enjoy unrestricted access to your funds. You can take a personal loan of up to $50,000 from your self-directed 401(k) without any restrictions on how the funds are used.
- Get peace of mind about account security. You hold all of your retirement funds in a bank of your choosing, so you never have to worry about who may be accessing your account.
- Stop paying unnecessary fees. With Broad Financial’s Checkbook Control feature, you personally perform the transactions by accessing the retirement funds in your checking account, eliminating costly custodian fees.
Broad Financial’s Ultimate Self-Directed 401(k) provides self-employed individuals with the confidence for retirement that you lack with an employer’s 401(k). The account setup process is easy, and our friendly service is there to back you up with industry-leading customer support.
Call 800-395-5200 today to find out how you can start growing your own wealth now.
Take Control of Your Retirement Account with a Self-Directed 401(k)
“After reviewing 3-4 other companies with similar products, we found Broad Financial to be the best informed about the Solo 401(k) vehicle. They were thorough, professional, and actually the lowest price option we found.” – David Palmer, Brooklyn, New York
“Broad Financial made setting up my Solo 401(k) so easy. They handled all the details. I had a ton of questions and they were very quick to respond with answers. They even talked to my bank when setting up my checkbook account. I would recommend them to anyone interested of taking control of their retirement account.” – Rob Sturm, Johns Island, SC
Read more testimonials from Broad Financial clients.